Make authentic Turkish coffee with a cezve - the traditional, Turkish way (click here to see how). Mehmet Efendi is one of the most popular Turkish coffee brand, and is a great addition to a Turkish breakfast.
PREPARING TURKISH COFFEE:
- Add water to the cezve (ibrik), about 50 milliliters (1.7 oz) per cup of coffee desired.
- Add sugar to taste, stirring to blend it.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat and add a teaspoon of coffee per cup.
- Boil coffee. (Click here to see our best-selling Turkish coffee).
- Remove the cevze from heat immediately after bringing to a first boil, discarding the accumulated foam, and mix well.
- The coffee is boiled twice in succession, taking care to remove the cezve from the heat between one boiling and the next.
- The foam can either be discarded or kept before stirring it well.
- Allow remaining powder to settle before serving. You can add a tablespoon of cold water to the pot after boiling twice to accelerate the process.